IMPORTANT REMINDER!

This blog is a compilation of topics about Filipino - Hispanic culture (and nothing extraordinary as the title suggest). Most of the posts here are copied from other sites and are not from my own thoughts. Please visit my other blogs, you can find the links at the right side of this blog. Thank you.

Mi Abuelita


Her name was Felisa Sayas Cabrera, my Grand Mother. We used to call her "Inang", it's a Tagalog word but really, I don't know what it means, all I know is that you only use that word for a very old woman, just like my Inang. That's it!, Inang means an old woman. I took this photograph of her sleeping on a bench, her favorite place to have her siesta, and so I decided to call this Photo, Siesta, Taken in the early 1990s, a few years before her death.

She was born in Imus, Cavite, just a few years after the Philippines gained its independence from Spain around 1905. She had 7 children, my father Felipe was 2nd to the youngest. My Grand Father Francisco Cabrera, died much earlier, exactly the same time when my Grand Mother was pregnant with her youngest, who she eventually named Felix, my uncle but I call him "Kuya" in Tagalog (or Brother in English) because he's the youngest of all his siblings. He now lives in the United States with his family.

It would take a strong and courageous woman to raise all 7 children alone and my Inang was all that and more. She died more than 15 years ago at the age of 88 (i think). She died a happy and complete woman. We all miss you so much. Inang, where ever you are, I love you.

See more of my Photography at CAMERA NI CABRERA
Related Posts with Thumbnails

X - SPOT

Camera ni Cabrera

The Zambo Top Dogz (Chavacano de Zamboanga Rap/Hip hop Band)